Call for Abstracts
EFAD Congress 2021 welcomes abstracts for oral and poster presentation. We will hold interactive e-poster sessions to maximise the opportunity for delegates to present their work and research projects. The extended deadline for receipt of abstracts is Monday 27th July 2021.
Accepted abstracts will be published in Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. They will be published without editing hence the importance of adhering to abstract specifications.
E-posters will form an important part of the congress, taking a prominent place in the programme and on the congress platform. We will host daily e-poster sessions and will showcase the highest scoring abstract authors with oral presentations.
Please note that EFAD encourages full disclosure of all relevant sources of funding in relation to abstracts submitted to this congress. If you wish to disclose a conflict of interest or any funding, please do so briefly at the foot of the abstract as shown.
- Extended deadline for abstract submissions: 27th July
- Feedback on abstract acceptance for inclusion in the Congress: 15th August
- Registration and payment of registration fees must be received by the Congress Secretariat: 30th August
Arial 10 font bold, left aligned, maximum 200 characters.
Arial 10 font, left aligned, maximum 3200 characters (excluding title and spaces, but including references) – please note that word counts will be checked and abstracts that do not adhere to these guidelines will be automatically rejected.
The Scientific Programme Committee will peer-review all abstracts. The SPC will consider the quality of the abstract in terms of its relevance to the congress theme, research quality, and originality.
- Likely reasons for abstract rejection are:
- No objectives/ conclusion/ methodology
- Lack of data/ statistics/ results not clearly presented
- Non-original work (previously presented/ published)
- Original Communication unclear and confusing
- Failure to follow the instructions to authors
Guidelines on submitting an abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted prior to the deadline – no late submissions will be accepted
- Abstracts must be submitted online by filling in the form below by 27th July 2021. We will confirm the receipt.
- The Scientific Programme Committee reserves the right to select abstracts for presentation.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection will be via email by 15th August 2021.
- A maximum of one submission will be allowed per presenter due to programme limitations
- All presenting authors must register for the congress by 30th August 2021. If registration and payment is not received by this deadline, the abstract will be withdrawn.
- Any conflict of interest must be declared at the end of the abstract and if selected for oral presentation again at the start of presentations and if selected for poster, at the end of the poster. This process is intended to encourage transparency and integrity in decision making. COI pertains to a financial relationship for research support, consulting, employment, or non-financial interest i.e. personal relationships consulting with pharmaceutical, trade companies, manufacturers or corporations whose products or services could be related to the congress. Non-financial interests could include ideology, personal relationships, or political. Where no conflict of interest exists, the word “None” should be inserted or stated.